After praying at the tomb of Blessed Francois Laval, the first bishop of "New France", we all had a few hours to spend on our own, walking through old Quebec City and taking in the most of its "old country" charm. We regrouped at the Basilica and re-boarded the bus, this time bound for the shrine of Notre-Dame-du-Cap which is situated on the outskirts of Trois-Rivieres.
We rest here overnight and look forward to taking part in a candle-light procession through the grounds of this amazing sanctuary.
Due to technical difficulties with the blogger's camera, today's pictures include a couple of images since our arrival at Notre-Dame-du-Cap.
The main Shrine of Notre-Dame-du-Cap
The Stone Church, dedicated to Mary, Queen of the Most Holy Rosary, and built in 1720.
Above the main entrance to the Sanctuary,
Holy Mary is pictured offering a welcome to the pilgrims.
A reflective pool on the sanctuary grounds.