Friday, February 18, 2011

The Unsavoury Bits...

Imagine a friend gave you a container of homemade soup along with a note which read: "Overall, soup should be good.  Beware of chunks of bone and other unsavoury bits!" 


No doubt, as you look down at the soup and again at the message, you might think to yourself: "What a great analogy for life!  Overall...pretty good, but some unsavoury bits here and there!"

With this in mind, here's a well-known and well-loved prayer for inner peace and serenity:

"God, grant me the
Serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
Courage to change the things I can; and
Wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time
Enjoying one moment at a time
Accepting the hardships as the pathway to peace
Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is,
not as I would have it
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His will
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him forever in the next.
Amen."